Monday, December 10, 2012

Opal - Review

Opal  (A Lux novel #3)

By: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: December 11, 2012 by Entangled Publishing

452 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
MY REVIEW:
You have GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!?  The way this ends...nu-uh!   I literally felt sick to my stomach...ugh!  Good grief...let me try to collect myself...

Okay, I refuse to give away any spoilers for those who have yet to read this book.  Let me start by saying that Jennifer L. Armentrout knows how to write an intense story filled with hotness, humor and sarcasm.  I am absolutely in love with these books and these characters!  Opal did not disappoint in ANY way!  

I have many favorite quotes.  So let's get started as these will give you a teaser into the awesomeness that is the world of the Luxen, if you have yet to read this amazing series or installment in the Lux series.

Favorite Quotes:
"I would never tell him this...he was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever met."

"...wondering how he'd gone from douchebag extraordinaire to this...this guy who still infuriated me but also constantly surprised and amazed me."


"...his inherent, near-obsessive need to be protective didn't excuse his douchebaggery."


"Walking away from Daemon was the hardest thing I'd done.  Made worse by the fact he didn't try to stop me..."


"You're going to be grateful when the zombie apocalypse occurs and I know what to do because of my zombie fetish." (sidebar: it always comes back to zombie's...even in a non-zombie book)


"...I learned that sometimes when someone says something so devastatingly perfect, there isn't a need for  a response.  The words said it all."


"There was no stopping He-Man when he came out to play..."


And for the finale of my favorite quotes, which express my exact feelings about the ending of this book, summed up in Armentrout's own words spoken through Katy:

"It sucked - sucked worse than people who pirated books, sucked more than waiting a year for the next book in a beloved series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending."

Brutal cliffhanger aside, and the irritating fact that we have to wait at least 7 months for the next book, Opal earns an incredible 5 stars!!!  July 2013 can not come fast enough!!  

12 comments:

  1. I SO AGREE!! The cliffhanger was killer I was like nooo wayy O.O Can't believe we have to wait 7 months for the next books it''s like fml.

    Kaina @ These Flying Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! I'm going to download it to my Kindle! I've read soo many reviews and everyone loved it! I have to read it :)

    Julie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, that much of a cliffhanger, huh? I'm tempted to put off reading this until closer to the release of the next one, hm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Jennifer Armentrout!! This is an awesome series, they have great chemistry. Haven't read Opal but Obsidian rocked:) So unique:)

    Lovely review:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about this series. I'm going to pick up the first book and see why people are loving this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, the ending KILLED me! I can't even believe it -- why must we wait?!

    Thank you so much for the review -- totally agree with you!

    I love the sarcasm of JLA's books too -- especially this series (my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! You're right! It sounds incredible and I can't wait for my turn to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really cool series, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this one yet, but have had my eye on it! Probably will wind up reading it sometime soon. Thanks for your review!
    oddball2003 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for this, I have fallen in love with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review :) I've been wanting to read this book.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...