Thursday, January 3, 2013

Waiting for Mercy - Review

Waiting for Mercy (Cambion #2)

By: Shannon Dermott

Published: April 17, 2012 by Wicked Truth Publishing

448 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
What do you do when you’ve been to hell and back, literally? For Mercy, it meant the beginning of the end for everything. Love, Happiness, Life. 

When the people important to her are thrown into danger and she is forced to choose who to save, what will Mercy do? When the demon within her has its own agenda, going to new lengths to fulfill it, how will she cope? And when a new nemesis arrives, with a sole focus to take what belongs to her, how will she survive?

Some situations make you stronger, some make you weak. She used to run from confrontation but the need to uncover secrets will harden her resolve to make new choices. 

In the end, someone else will suffer the consequences. Who will be burned by her very existence? And what will become of everything she holds dear?

Mercy’s life wasn’t easy before and things aren’t getting easier now.

MY REVIEW:
This book starts at least two months in the future from where Beg for Mercy left off.  We know this because of Mercy's comment very early in the book of beginning self-defense classes 2 months earlier.  Right away we are jumped back into the love tangle between Mercy and 3 of the 4 very scrumptious guys.  And sure enough, as I felt last book I immediately wanted each guy (well 3 of the 4) to win her heart.  For those who haven't read book 1 yet, let me introduce you to the guys.

Flynn - "the resident bad boy", "pure lust on a stick", "faux Mohawk styled in that sexy messy hair perfection look", "looked like a walking ad of high fashion", "arrogant", "winter blue eyes", "pure lust", "dark hipper version of Abercromie and Fitch".  Flynn is an Incubus.

Luke - "tousle of golden curls", "beautiful face", "sun kissed skin and blonde head full of curls", "poster boy for Hollister". Luke is Nephilim.

Sebastian - "voice that carried a hint of Scottish lilt", "tall, dark-haired, and dazzling", "wickedly handsome and terribly tempting", "delicious sin", "blue eyes", "dark hair". Sebastian is full demon.

Described of all three "They were each stunning in their own way."

and then there is...
Paul - "confident", "handsome". Paul is human.  He just doesn't compare the way the other 3 do, but none-the-less, he is the 4th boy trying to gain Mercy's affections.

Favorite quotes:

On cheese-y valentine lines:
Flynn - "Do you have a Band-Aid? I just scraped my knee falling for you." "You're like a dictionary; you add meaning to my life."

Luke - "If I had to choose between breathing or loving you, I would say "I love you" with my last breath."

Sebastian - "If a thousand painters worked for a thousand years, they could not create a work of art as beautiful as you."

Additional favorite quotes trying to remain spoiler free:

"I don't think I've ever seen two people so unhappy apart."

"My love for...was far different and all encompassing."

"I stared after the boy that stole my heart for the second time."

"...in my heart, he felt like he could be my forever."

"Maybe I want you to lose control..."

"Yes, hapless you...with a harem of hot guys following you like puppy dogs."

"...you have to realize your value if all of us are patiently waiting for you to make up your mind..."

"Your envious heart and jealous nature conflict with what you call yourself."

"Elves like the Keebler kind.  I mean I like their cookies, but was he for real."

"Yeah, that's right Luke is candy hearts, love sonnets, and roses.  I'm edible body lotion and lost panties..."

"You're hot and cold is going to have me catching pneumonia."

Seriously I think I could quote the entire book!  There are so many fabulous lines and moments that I could've listed but not wanting to give anything away these are my top fave spoiler free quotes.

This is the kind of book I like to get lost in.  The kind that is gut wrenching, hot and steamy!  The kind that leaves you sleep deprived after finishing at 10:00 because you can't get the characters off your mind (true story)!  It's wickedly good!!  It's not often I rate book 2 in a series higher than book 1 but this book BLEW ME AWAY!  And the ending...oh no she did not...well, you just have to read to find out!

I do believe I have a new favorite series!  And book 3 comes out when?!?!?  Tomorrow is seriously too long of a wait.

5 stars!!!

2 comments:

  1. Book three needs to get here ASAP, that ending was pure hell...I'm still reeling! You picked great quotes, my favorite is the edible panties one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cracks me up that you fell for all the guys and wanted her to be with each one, i need to add these to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...