Monday, February 4, 2013

Ceaseless - Review

Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy #3)

By: Abbi Glines

Published: September 18, 2012 by

190 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Can he make her fall in love with him… again? 

When Pagan Moore proved worthy of Death’s devotion, he was given the gift of getting to keep her. 

But Dank was never promised that Pagan would keep him.

When a soul is created, so is its mate. In every lifetime those souls find each other. They complete the other’s destiny. It’s time for Pagan’s soul to choose if she truly wants an eternity at Death’s side or if she wants the mate created just for her. 

Dank didn’t think he had to worry about her choice. He knew where her heart belonged. Until he realized that every kiss, every touch, every moment of their time together would be washed from her memories. He would have to win her heart all over again and prove to her soul that he was where she belonged. 

If only her soul’s mate wasn’t right there standing in his way.
MY REVIEW:
Book 3 starts with Pagan and Miranda arriving at college unpacking their car.  A hot guy on a motorcycle rides up and offers help when Pagan drops a box of shoes.  It's clear from her interaction with him that she doesn't know who he is.  To her, he's just a random nice guy helping a girl out.  Then appears on screen, a fiesty girl with hot pink tips in her hair, apparently another student at the dorm, but Pagan doesn't know her either.  She is just a strange, eccentric girl with a mouth.  My reaction is immediately, "What on earth is going on?!?!"  Have no fear though, in only 4% of the way through we discover these people to be Dank and Gee.  The question remains, "why the heck doesn't Pagan remember them?!"  But thankfully we don't have to wait long to find out more information.  Apparently 3 days prior to Pagan arriving at college she was still madly in love with Dank.  But then she forgot everything about him.  So book 3 is about Dank trying to make Pagan fall in love with him again before she is lost to him forever.

This was a more mature book, both in content and language.

Favorite Quotes:

"I didn't know what he wanted but it was hard not to want to do whatever it would take to please him."

"Did I know who he was?  What did she mean?  Was I missing something?  I turned and looked at him again.  He was still just as ridiculously sexy, but he was just a guy."

"He shouldn't be hitting on another girl while he has one on the back of his bike.  I wasn't stupid.  I knew guys in rock bands were players.  That was not my thing."

"This was supposed to be the beginning of our happily-ever-after."

"She fell in love with dark mysterious Dank Walker.  She fell in love with Death.  Be that guy.  Stop being this broken, pitiful, obsessed stalker dude."

"...no matter how dangerous he could be for my heart, I couldn't seem to break free from the hypnotic spell he had me under."

"Death can't help what fate decides."

"If you mean to tell me you're about to jump on any part of my body then please, Pagan, by all means, bring it on."

"She'd taught me that I was capable of love.  She taught me to laugh.  She taught me what it meant to cherish something or someone completely."

"love...no wonder they searched for it so passionately."

The love story between Dank and Pagan definitely goes into my list of all time favorite love stories!  This is a must read if you want to be swept away by Death's love.  A great ending to a great story!

Final Rating - 4.5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I am glad you enjoyed so much... :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Abbi Glines! I have yet to start on this series, but it looks like I have some catching up to do! The quotes are great and definitely make me want to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...